BANNER

BANNER

Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Am The Doyenne.

My name is Syeed. And I am The Doyenne.

doy·enne [doi-en; Fr. dwa-yen] : a woman who is the senior member, as in age or rank, of a group, class, profession, etc.

That isn't a statement of arrogance. As I strive to use my talent to contribute something to the world that hasn't been done before, I find that I am slowly cementing a group where I am the only member. Hence, I am the senior member in this House. Therefore, I am The Doyenne. That's my professional title, the name that will be on my intellectual properties, and it is as much a part of me as my given name.

Over the years, I've learned that I'm a person who tends to have a lot on his mind. So, having a blog where I can cement those feelings and a Facebook page where I can network socially with people who not only live around me but who live all over the country is very important in my journey to get to where I want to be. Since 2006, I've been a recording artist with varying degrees of success in what I've created. Only now with my latest album, "The House of Augustine", have I begun to establish with a clear mind what kind of artist I want to be.

Hopefully, with this blog, I can keep the journey to a place of prestige as interesting as possible. I'm inviting all of you to watch me grow into this fully fledged artist that I was meant to be. I'm inviting all of you into my thoughts, my dreams, and my House.

I Am The Doyenne. And I Am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment